Saturday, January 9, 2010

Infamous Chocolate Mousse


So... believe it or not I was a bit of a control freak growing up.  Hard to imagine, I know.  I think around 6th grade or so is where I really started to cook independently.  I found this here chocolate mousse recipe in one of Mom's old cookbooks.  It was a big hit in the family, and especially with my best friend and neighbor, Christy.  Now getting back to the control freak part... I wouldn't share the recipe with her, and it caused a HUGE feud between us.  Well, I have grown since then and here it is Christy.  Just for you! By the way, I was thinking about you the whole time I was eating my third bowl!


Chocolate Mousse
1 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
few grains of salt
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
2 egg whites, stiffly whipped

Combine together the chocolate syrup, condensed milk, vanilla and salt, blending well. Chill thoroughly.  Add whipped cream,  and whip until spongy. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.  Freeze in a square (8x8") pan. After mixture has frozen for an hour, scrape the sides and stir.  Finish freezing.


Notes:  You can cut it into squares, but I decided to scoop it out like ice cream.  I thought that looked prettier.  I also remember that I use to put chocolate sprinkles on it to "garnish" but it doesn't really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment