Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mrs. Tomasi's Playdough

Two doors down we had a neighbor, Mrs. Tomasi.  She always had neat things for us to do.  One of my favorites, was making Playdough.  This is her recipe.  I have jazzed it up a bit by adding glitter and using the Kool-aid packs*, but I think she'd approve!







Playdough Recipe
Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes or until mixture begins to pull away from pan:
     1 cup flour
     1 Tablespoon oil
     1/2 cup salt
     2 teaspoons cream of tartar
     1 cup of water









Add food coloring, or powdered Kool-Aid and knead.  I like the Kool-Aid.  It is easy to pour, and makes the dough smell good, too.  Knead in some glitter, too if you like!  
















Look how bright the colors are!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable picture. I wish I had this recipe so many years ago. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Callie seeing this is such a treasure! I was just thinking our 2 year old is ready for playdough and no better way to start than with the Kool-Aid reccipe :) Loved those Tomasi's :) Also, I just finished a batch of the pumpkin choco chip cookies for Thanksgiving. I'll try your recipe next time. Remembering BOTH our wonderful moms, this time of year especially. I didn't realize Jackie past just a year before my mom.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete