Monday, April 12, 2010

Alfredo Sauce


I love it. My hubby loves it. My Mom liked it. My Dad?  Not so much... but he is a meat and potatoes kind of guy.  Super simple, and delicious.  Serve it with fettuccine noodles, tortellini, or my favorite... get some fresh bread or bread sticks and dig in!


Alfredo Sauce
1 pint of heavy cream (2 cups)
1 stick butter
2 Tablespoons cream cheese
1/2- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
2-3 dashes nutmeg, ground
2-3 dashes pepper

Combine cream, butter and cream cheese. Simmer until it is all melted and happy. Add parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. Season with nutmeg and pepper.

Yummy! (I think this is just as good or better than Olive- you know who...)  :-)

1 comment:

  1. My two, newly married daughters, are going to love this blog... as do I. They love new recipes and I think they're getting sick of all the recipes that they grew up with!! lol I'm going to send them this blog address! Thanks for sharing these wonderful recipes

    ReplyDelete