Monday, October 19, 2009

Kam's Roast

Not sure this would really be called a "roast" but that is how mom had it written down.  Even funnier is that this recipe comes from my sister Kam... who will be the first to tell you she does not enjoy cooking.  She says she didn't get the "cooking" gene.  Anyway... this is a great little crock pot gem.  I get it all ready the night before, then Brandon takes it out of the fridge and flips on the crock pot in mid morning. Dinner is done when I get home.  I love it! 

Kam's Roast


Layer the following, in order, in the crock pot.  (I don't like scrubbing, so I usually spray my crock first. )

1 diced Roma tomato
4 potatoes, peeled and chunked
2 carrots, sliced
2 stalks of celery, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped

Place 2-1/2 lb round steak (roast) on top.  (I usually trim and cut into pieces.)

Mix in a bowl and pour over meat:
1 can tomato soup
1/2 can of water
1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon basil
1 Tablespoon  oregano

1 Tablespoon parsley
1 Tablespoon  vinegar
salt and pepper

Cook in crock pot on low for 5-6 hours. Just plain yummy. 

1 comment:

  1. Kam of Kam's Roast LLCNovember 30, 2009 at 10:16 AM

    You forgot to say what Mom REALLY called it.... (S.O.S.)

    ReplyDelete